Despite my ankle being in a boot, Little Elephant and I did manage to make appetizers for Thanksgiving — with a bit of help from Liza, our nanny; a friend who bought the ingredients; and some inspiration from my last trip home.
Pre-made phyllo dough
Jam – we used raspberry for the kids and peach & jalapeno for the adults
Mini Muffin Tins
- Place 4-6 layers of phyllo on a cutting board.
- Melt butter and brush it between each layer and on the top.
- Cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 inch squares.
- One layer at a time, push the phyllo into the mini muffin tins. Stagger the squares so that the corners fan out in all directions. Push down so that later you will be able to stuff something into the cups. Brush tops with more melted butter.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 or until light brown.
- Pull out of the pan and cool on a wire rack
- Once cool, add a small piece of brie cheese and a small spoonful of jam.
- Bake for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.