Wow. I have been on a serious blogging hiatus. In part you can blame the week I spent at an immersion camp, speaking Russian 24/7 for 5 days with no access to internet. It was a good experience, although it kind of reminded me of Spanish Camp from when I was a kid– only surrounded by people I work with and alcohol.
Then we had to get S ready for his trip back to Chile and me ready to be alone in the house with the dog. Its funny, I have gotten so used to him being here, that I don’t know what to do with myself when he is not. Aparently, part of what I do is eat more donuts, cook less meals and watch the entire first season of Better of Ted on Netflix. Hilarious.
Also, I have been studying. That is really my goal for the time while S is gone. Speaking of goals, Darcie, who I know in real life, is putting her monthly goals on her blog and updating with a color code at the end. I thought I would follow suit:
- Study Russian for 3 hours a day outside of work hours.
- Finalize the date for our move to Kazakhstan.
- Buy S a ticked so he can come home.
- Take Harley on a long walk (over an hour) at least 5 times a week.
- Cook real meals even though I am the only one to eat them.
- Call an Aunt who is in rehab weekly to check up.
- Figure out what will stay in storage and what will be packed into which shipments.
- Leave house at least once a week for something that is fun– not work or shopping related.
- Bring car to car wash and change oil.
- Watch at least one Russian movie per week.
There. Now you have them. Hold me to them.