Yet another internet meme is floating around– this one on facebook. My friend Lisa, who does not have a blog but does have a dent above her left temple, tagged me. I, however, am taking a page from Liza‘s book and filling it out on my blog.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things about you.
- I think of Indian Pilau as an integral part of any Thanksgiving meal.
- Which of course, had to be my first thing, because it was food related, and I am nothing if not food-obsessed.
- That said, I like HGTV and housing reality shoes more than cooking shows.
- Except for sometimes Iron Chef.
- And the show Red hot and Green really annoys me – although I like the concept and want to like it.
- And, while I love cooking for others, I am way too lazy to make a big intricate meal for myself.
- I am also too lazy to make my bed.
- This will be an on-going issue in my up-coming marriage.
- Growing up I lived with my grandmother who made my bed and cleaned my room.
- She also moved furniture around in the night time when she couldn’t sleep. Big pieces. Beds. China cabinets.
- I learned to turn on the lights when coming downstairs in the middle of the night in case there was a new large piece of furinture where a clear path to the cookies used to be.
- She was my best friend.
- And made the best cakes. There is a place here in Milwaukee, McCoy’s, that has really good cakes. Kind of like hers. Almost like hers. Definitely like homemade. But still, not quite grandma’s.
- I am a huge fan of cookies as well.
- I speak a lot of languages (Spanish, English, Romanian, Japanese – well).
- I dabble in several others (German, Russian).
- Most recently I have been trying to teach myself French.
- I am hoping that it will help me last a job.
- I have been looking for months. Unsuccessfully.
- I just bought Paul Krugman’s The Return of Depression Economics to try and understand the economy better.
- I have heard him on NPR and can understand him.
- Plus, anyone who goes on NPR has to be cool. Right? Because I think NPR is cool.
- My fiance says his favorite thing about me is that I am more of a nerd than he is.
- I still am amused that in Spanish they say “nerd” as in “por dios, no puedes ser tan nerd”.
- I would be more amused if Spanish had more puns. That way I could grow up to be my mother. You know. Punny.
And… I am tagging all the chile bloggers, including Fned who just blogs with us, and Lauren who just had a baby, also Creating Motherhood and Mongkol because their list swould be awesome. Plus the Facebook people I tagged and any one else who wants to.