As I started my 101 entry, I thought I should do something fun. Inspired by Polly, I have decided to make 10 lists of 10; here is number 7.
- I have lived there in the past (8/96-8/97 and 12/99-12/00) and always said I would move back.
- I will be living on the beach as opposed to the capital city.
- Harley, my dog, is coming with me and these past six months I have missed her like crazy! (Although, my friends Meghan and Kheli did an amazing job taking care of her).
- Unlike in Cambodia and Moldova, the counter-trafficking movement is relatively new and therefore not set in bad habits yet.
- I actually found someone to pay me to sit on street corners and talk to the children who live and work there.
- Dancing is a favorite pastime of mine; one which was not completely satisfied in Cambodia, Moldova, or St. Louis.
- Looking forward to seeing my old host family and friends down there.
- The 18th of September, only 6 weeks after I arrive, is Chile’s Independence Day Celebration and is a ton of fun. (Incidentally, it is also my friend Amy’s birthday.
- It is in the same time zone as my family in the states. I really liked living in Cambodia, but the time difference was hard because it made it nearly impossible to talk to my parents on the phone or find my family and friends online.
- Pastel de Choclo—it is a typically Chilean food that is not vegetarian friendly, but is very tasty. It has beef, chicken, and corn as the main ingredients. Someday I will post the recipe.