As I start my 101 entry, I thought I should do something fun. Inspired by Polly, I have decided to make 10 lists of 10, here is list 4.
- Amok- quintessential Cambodian food that I love. Made of white fish (usually catfish) in a red curry, coconut milk, and egg. Steamed in a banana boat or 1/2 a coconut.
- Rambutan- the funniest looking fruit I have ever seen, but also among the tastiest.
- Strawberry stuffed French Toast with a Ladybug freezer (watermelon juice with mint and lime) from Java cafe.
- Anything from Le Rit’s because it is always yummy (they have a 5 dollar set menu lunch that changes daily but comes with a starter, main meal and dessert (you get a choice from 2 of each). Also, they are a good organization and cause to support.
- Indian food at my colleague’s house.
- Fresh juice from Two Fish
- Avocado and shrimp salad or Baked goat cheese salad from Elsewhere. Also, best drinks in town (fresh juice with vodka, rum, or gin)
- Desserts from Blue Pumpkin in Siem Riep.
- Large prawns, pretty much anywhere, but best at Two Dolphins in Sihanokville.
- Palm sugar juice (bought for 25 cents on any street corner).