As I started my 101 entry, I thought I should do something fun. Inspired by Polly, I have decided to make 10 lists of 10; here is number 3.
- That moment as the plane is descending everywhere I look there are puddles and ponds and water– often filled with rice or lily paddies. The contrast of the red earth and the green vegetation.
- The rain. Everything about it. The sound, the way it cleans the air, the flash flooding (including walking home knee or waist deep in rain water), the sheer force the water has– it has not ceased to amaze me.
- Angkor Wat- I know its cliche, but it was very impressive. Especially in the rain and out at the further away temples.
- Two Dolphins, little cabanas in Sihanokville right on the Gulf of Thailand with the best fresh seafood around. We managed to convey that it was Lydia’s birthday. The bought a cake (and silly string) and we surprised her.
- Massages after a long day work. My favorite place was Aziadee Tea
- Elsewhere parties– the first one with the Germans, the one where I met Steph, Justin, Cecile and crew (and spent the night trying to remember sign language), and this last one where we never went home and I got pulled into the pool.
- L-Word Wednesday night with the girls!!!
- Seeing boats in the middle of fields without water in site and knowing that in a few months, when the rains came, they would be afloat.
- The sound of dragon dancers coming (as long as it was not before 8am).
- Perusing the venders outside the Royal Palace at night. They sold such a huge array of large insects (spiders, cockroaches, grasshoppers, leaches, bees, etc.), fried insects, stuffed insects, and small birds.