Here is a vegetarian recipe for those out there. Also, I am excited about experimenting with fried rices that have pineapple and other ingredients (for example, carrots, lime juice, hot pepper, cashews, etc.)
Caramelized pineapple and tofu is delicious and very easy to cook.
- 1 Piece fried tofu. Cut in to bite sizes.
- 1 Cup chunk of fresh pineapple or 1 small canned chunk pineapple.
- 2 Tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce (mushroom sauce).
- ½ Cup water.
- 1 Clove garlic. Minced.
- 1 Teaspoon sugar.
- ¼ Teaspoon salt.
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper.
- 1 Stalk green onion. Chopped.
- A handful of fresh cilantro. Chopped.
If using canned chunk pineapple, drained juice.
Put pineapple, tofu, garlic, vegetarian oyster sauce and water in a small pot.
Add sugar, salt, black pepper and green onion. Stirs well.
Cook in medium heat till the water reduced.
Top with cilantro.
Serve hot with rice.